We are seeking for our headquarters in Heidelberg a highly motivated
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist (Data Connection)
As a member of the Biomedical Data Connection team in the Research department, you will be prototyping innovative tools and processes to support a revolutionary, data-driven technology that enables precision medicine.
Your tasks include evaluation of new data resources, and exploring ways to integrate them with our inhouse data world. You will conceptualize, develop, and maintain processes to harmonize and connect data, as well as web interfaces to present them in a comprehensive way. Support for services and bespoke solutions for customers, e.g. from the pharmaceutical industry, will be among the responsibilities of the successful applicant.
Your skills and qualifications
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, computational chemistry, or a closely related field
- Broad hands-on experience in bioinformatics programming, including shell scripting, objectoriented programming (either Perl or Python) and experience with RDBMS systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Several years of experience in at least three of the following areas:
– A strong grasp of molecular biology and genetics
– Profound knowledge of standard bioinformatics databases and algorithms, including protein and nucleotide sequence analysis
– Comprehensive experience with pathway-, protein structure-, and interaction databases
– Knowledge in and practical experience with machine learning technologies such as SVMs, Neural Networks etc.
– Hands-on experience with implementing data connection and production pipelines (ETL processes)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as scientific creativity are essential
- Clear sense of organization, purpose, accountability and concise reporting
- Ability to work independently, dependable, focused, project- and team oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Work experience in industry or as an academic post-doc is considered a plus
- An innovative, exciting international company that values employees who can think outside of the box, who want to make a difference and strike out in a new direction
- A challenging, stimulating scientific and professional environment with a focus on innovation and on the continuous development of our company
- A modern working environment in a new office building
- A multicultural team and attractive company events, together with an open culture of trust
- Excellent location in the center of Heidelberg
- Opportunities for personal development in a global company
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits package, flexible working models
Molecular Health believes in the principles of equal opportunities, diversity and workplace integration.
Take the first step and contact us! We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, and certificates), in English or German, including your salary expectations and earliest start date.
Please send it to Thorsten Vogt at email@example.com.
For further information on how your data will be processed in the context of an application, please follow the link: www.molecularhealth.com/de/datenschutz/