We are seeking for our headquarters in Heidelberg a highly motivated
Frontend Developer for Biomedical Web Applications (m/f/d)
As a member of the Biomedical Data Connection team in the research department, you will be prototyping innovative tools and processes to support a revolutionary, data-driven technology that enables precision medicine.
- Conceptualize, develop and maintain web interfaces to present data in a comprehensive way bespoke to a given use scenario
- Develop new visual interfaces between the user and the data
- Support services and bespoke solutions for customers, e.g. from the pharmaceutical industry
Your skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience in working with biomedical data is a must. The successful candidate will have to understand the data to display. Your background puts you in the position to explore and understand biological/biomedical data (e.g. protein sequence annotations, quality parameters from a next generation sequencing run, networks of interacting genes etc.) and develop visualization concepts that not just show the data, but foster the generation of insights.
- Master’s degree in computer science (or a closely related field), Bioinformatics or a life science discipline
- Knowledge and experience in working with biomedical data
- Shell scripting
- Object-oriented programming (preferably Python)
- Experience with RDBMS systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Following skills are considered a strong plus:
- Grasp of molecular biology and genetics
- Knowledge of standard bioinformatics databases
- Hands-on experience with implementing data connection and production pipelines (ETL processes)
- Work experience in industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as scientific creativity
- Clear sense of organization, purpose, accountability and concise reporting
- Ability to work independently, reliable, focused, project- and team-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- An innovative, exciting international company that values employees who can think outside of the box, who want to make a difference and strike out in a new direction
- A challenging, stimulating scientific and professional environment with a focus on innovation and on the continuous development of our company
- A modern working environment in a new office building
- A multicultural team and attractive company events, together with an open culture of trust
- Excellent location in the center of Heidelberg
- Opportunities for personal development in a global company
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits package, flexible working models
Molecular Health believes in the principles of equal opportunities, diversity and workplace integration.
Take the first step and contact us! We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV and certificates), in English or German, including your salary expectations and earliest start date. Please send it to Thorsten Vogt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on how your data will be processed in the context of an application, please follow the link: www.molecularhealth.com/de/datenschutz/