Head of Sales and Marketing MH Predict (m/f/d)
We are seeking for our headquarters in Heidelberg a highly motivated
Head of Sales and Marketing MH Predict (m/f/d)
The “Head of Marketing and Sales MH Predict” is responsible for supporting the growth of our Molecular Health Pharma business unit by securing new customers and expand existing customer relationships. This position requires the highest level of sales competency and mastery of closing new business. The job holder must understand pharma, biotech and healthcare specific dynamics and must be able to navigate complex business situations. This is accomplished through focused lead generation, strategic prospecting, sales pipeline management, relationship development and personalization of the sales process. The Head of Marketing and Sales MH Predict must develop a deep understanding of a prospects needs. He must be able to build relationships and utilize a consultative sales approach resulting in value creation for the customer and Molecular Health. This position requires the ability to establish and grow relationships with high level executives, physician leaders and practice administrators, positioning themselves as a trusted advisor. In addition, close collaboration and preparation with internal teams and other field sales experts is essential. The position is a field position covering mainly Europe and US. This role is 100% hunter role to build the territory.
- Business Development
- Proactively identifies and implements ways to (acquire and) grow business with accounts by adopting a consultative sales approach;
- Builds and sustains a pipeline of new business opportunities, recording progress with customers;
- Develops and executes a comprehensive strategy and territory plan that maximizes Molecular Health’s revenue and growth across Pharma and Biotech offerings;
- Grows sales of Molecular Health MH Predict to customers through strategic acquisition of new business and renewals of existing business that meets or exceeds sales objectives.
- Acts as the primary point-of-contact for customers (i.e. regular visits, high-quality presentations, quarterly business reviews, customer summits, networking opportunities.)
- Maximizes time spent in the field (i.e. in front of customers.)
- Demonstrates consultative selling capabilities and results (i.e. solves customer business issues rather than solely selling products/services.)
- Acts as the primary point of contact for MH Predict and the key customer advocate who builds and owns the account plan and has a strong grasp of the span of business in place and the pipeline with their accounts
- Facilitates the contract negotiation process by eliminating obstacles to purchase, ensuring the process for the customer is seamless.
- Prepares detailed proposals that include all aspects of Molecular Health’s portfolio in order to meet or exceed monthly & yearly sales & revenue objectives.
- Marketing (attend/orchestrate participation and decide on events) & Comms (strategy and execution, liaising with Marketing dept and agencies)
- Differentiates assigned product offerings during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using Molecular Health resources/approved product marketing/product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision-making process towards a successful outcome for Molecular Health
- Promotes product/solution and the company at relevant outside events (i.e. trade shows, conferences, association meetings).
- Continuously develop and improve a network of key opinion leaders within the assigned territory
- Drives the overall marketing & PR efforts in conjunction with MH’s marketing department.
- Negotiates relationships and processes with internal customers to create efficiencies and identify opportunities for sales, product and operational growth in an atmosphere of respect
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Maintains up to date market knowledge related to product/solutions/services
- Tracks and communicates market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead effective counter-strategies
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree qualified, ideally with additional professional qualification such as a Masters, PhD or an MBA.
- A mixed educational background of business and science is preferred; however, a business educational background is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience related to the Pharma & Biotech markets.
- Consulting experience is an advantage.
- Deep understanding of the Pharma & Biotech market in the context of R&D, drug commercialization, data management and analysis applied to drug outcomes analysis and prediction, and precision medicine.
- Strong acumen and skills to translate the market movements and events into project and business opportunities for MH Pharma & Biotech business unit.
- An agile approach and thriving when operating within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in dealing with highly specialized customers on a technical, scientific and commercial level at both senior and highly senior levels.
- Established network in the pharmaceutical industry with an ability to establish and maintain enduring professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Track record of successfully managing across functional areas within an international environment and thus working collaboratively to produce optimal results.
- Fluent English speaker, additional language skills would be an advantage.
- Self-starting mind set together with a proactive and highly motivational personal style.
- Ability to travel from moderately to extensively across the year to execute this global role.
- An innovative, exciting international company that values employees who can think outside of the box, who want to make a difference and strike out in a new direction
- A challenging, stimulating scientific and professional environment with a focus on innovation and on the continuous development of our company
- A modern working environment in a new office building
- A multicultural team and attractive company events, together with an open culture of trust
- Excellent location in the center of Heidelberg
- Opportunities for personal development in a global company
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits package, flexible working models
Molecular Health believes in the principles of equal opportunities, diversity and workplace integration.
Take the first step and contact us! We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, and certificates), in English, including your salary expectations and earliest start date. Please send it to Thorsten Vogt at