Scientific Director – Pharma and Biotech (m/f/d)
Scientific Director – Pharma and Biotech (m/f/d)
Molecular Health (‘MH’) is in the process of entering the Pharma & Biotech market and establishing itself as a company with deep expertise in creating and applying highly specialized artificial intelligence algorithms and machine learning methods to biomedicine enabling and supporting a higher accuracy in drug outcomes predictions. The goal is to acquire customers at a fast pace and convert them into long-term customers and partners. In this role, you will be a critical part of the long-term success of this business unit and the company. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President and Global Head of Pharma & Biotech, you will act as one of the bioinformatics and biomedical science leads and be a key actor of all activities of this business unit.
Application of MH technology to problems in pharma and biotech
- Define data requirements and design analytics approaches to address Pharma use cases across the drug lifecycle.
- Collaborate with internal experts to conceive of creative solutions based on existing technology assets and identify opportunities to improve or extend the technology.
- Contribute to pharma positioning and communication from scientific perspective.
- Conceive and provide trainings to internal and external stakeholders.
Execution & Operations
- Define project goals, negotiate resources with senior management, and set up and lead project teams.
- Manage cross-functional efforts to plan, execute and deliver use cases and project work for pharma; ensure high quality and customer relevance despite high time and resource pressure.
- Be the scientific and technical expert that explains and translates between business, science and technology.
- Be an influencer and an internal and external advocate of the Pharma business unit.
Contribute to the definition of strategy, growth and scalability of the business unit
- Be part of the definition and further development of MH technology to solve problems in drug discovery, development & commercialization.
- Keep up to date with latest technical and scientific innovations in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries and relate these to the activities and strategy of the business unit.
- Participate in the business development and the customer acquisition cycle, especially in showcasing the abilities and capabilities of MH to Pharma/Biotech/Drug science companies and organizations. This includes traveling to present at industry events and conferences.
- Develop and prepare targeted presentations, documents and proposals for customers; draft business proposals, and work out technical and scientific implications based on detailed understanding of customer needs.
- Contribute to the negotiations of projects and partnerships.
The position requires frequent travelling.
Your skills and qualifications
- PhD in biology, pharmacology, bioinformatics and/or biomedicine with strong affinity for computer science and statistics.
- 5-8 years of biomedicine scientific research and/or Pharma commercial science experience.
- Ideally 2-5 year experience in business development and/or marketing & sales support roles in the healthcare industry.
- Preferred experience in management consulting in life sciences.
- Scientific and commercial agility to quickly learn about the lifecycle of Pharmaceutical products, and/or exposure and experience to Pharma drug lifecycle.
- Ability to express technological/scientific capabilities and product visions in language appealing to and comprehensible for diverse audiences of investors, customers, executives and colleagues with different backgrounds required.
- Ability to quickly learn and contextualize drug discovery, drug development and drug commercialization cycle, and how clinico-molecular data could aid understanding of drug outcomes.
- Full English proficiency.
- Very good knowledge of the Windows suite with Word, Excel and Outlook software.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially at senior/executive levels.
- Good communication and ability to build business relationships.
What Molecular Health offers
- An innovative, exciting international company that values employees who can be creating in tackling the challenges that come with new markets and new technologies, who want to make a difference in healthcare, for the sake of patients, physicians, doctors and life science companies.
- A challenging, stimulating scientific and professional environment with a focus on scientific and technological breakthroughs with an evolving company.
- A multicultural team and attractive company events, together with an open culture of trust.
- Excellent location in the center of Heidelberg, Germany and with an office in Boston, in the Seaport area.
- Opportunities for personal development in a global company operating in global markets.
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits package, flexible working models.
Molecular Health believes in the principles of equal opportunities, diversity and workplace integration.
Take the first step and contact us! We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (please be aware that we only consider complete applications with cover/motivation letter, CV, and certificates), in English, including your salary expectations and earliest start date. Please send it to Thorsten Vogt at