We are seeking for our headquarters in Heidelberg, a highly motivated:
Vice President (VP) of Artificial Intelligence (m/f/d)
We are seeking an accomplished and highly ambitious VP of Artificial Intelligence to become a key member of the Molecular Health Team. With a proven pedigree of innovation in field of Applied Artificial Intelligence particularly in healthcare, you will be responsible for designing innovative new solutions in the context of our research pipelines (e.g. Automated data curation) and commercial offerings. Your expert-level understanding of both classical and emergent AI methodologies will help direct Molecular Health in building novel intellectual property in the area of AI models, system prototypes and unique product functionalities.
As an integral member of our Heidelberg-based Research & Innovation Lab, you will work with a team of data scientists and in close collaboration with our multidisciplinary team of biomedical scientists, data curators and software engineers.
- Working in the domains of real-world data analysis, clinical decision support, genome informatics and knowledge mining
- Drive end-to-end AI software projects from architecture and design to the implementation of algorithms and their integration in solutions using ML libraries (e.g Scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, Apache MLlib) and big-data applications and tools in close collaboration with our biomedical experts and software engineers
- Explore, design and develop new models and AI algorithms beyond the state of the art and select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Design, develop and maintain reliable and automated ML modelling pipelines, including big data processing, model training and evaluation, continuous integration and development, model quality monitoring and analytics
- Run tests and experiments to continuously improve algorithms and methods through rigorous investigation and evaluation of alternatives
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Represent Molecular Health in open innovation projects with academic and commercial partners
- Write scientific deliverables, introduce novel in proposals/bids, write research papers and patents on areas such as Deep Learning, Neural Nets, Text data mining, etc.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and represent Molecular Health at key scientific conferences and business meetings
- Execute annual performance reviews, appraisal interviews and appropriate objective setting for team members
Your skills and qualifications
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering or related field of studies involving AI, ML, DL.
- A solid foundation in the core concepts and principles of machine learning, statistical modelling, data analytics, text data mining and precision medicine
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modelling concepts, clustering and classification techniques, recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Ability to judge the relevance of existing models and algorithms to specific business needs
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Pandas, Scikit, Statsmodels, Weka, NumPy
- Programming experience with packages that support Data Science and Machine Learning code and pipelines such as Python, Tensorflow, PyTorch, numpy, scipy etc.
- Problem solving aptitude with proven team mentoring skills
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- At least 5 years of experience with Applied Machine Learning, ML flows, Statistical Analysis and/or Data Science, with hands-on experience in Artificial Intelligence using programming languages such as Python & Java and platforms such as MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe & Torch
- Practical experience in analysing and visualizing big datasets and building data pipelines with big-data applications and tools; experience with databases and technologies such Github, Jupyter, BigQuery, ElasticSearch, MySQL, MongoDB, Spark, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP, RESTful API
- Experience in batch experimental benchmarking in datasets and deep learning applied on classification, recognition and/ or forecasting tasks and compression techniques such as quantization, kernel fusion
- Expertise in data modelling techniques and hands-on data modelling experience
- Management of high-performance teams
- An innovative, exciting international company that values employees who can think outside of the box, who want to make a difference and forge new directions
- A challenging, stimulating scientific and professional environment with a focus on innovation and on the continuous development of our company
- A modern working environment in a new office building
- A multicultural team and attractive company events, together with an open culture of trust
- Excellent location in the center of Heidelberg
- Opportunities for personal development in a global company
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits package, flexible working models
Molecular Health believes in the principles of equal opportunities, diversity and workplace integration.
Take the first step and contact us! We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, and certificates), in English or German, including your salary expectations and earliest start date. Please send it to Thorsten Vogt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on how your data will be processed in the context of an application, please follow the link: www.molecularhealth.com/de/datenschutz/