We are seeking for our headquarters in Heidelberg a highly motivated
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist (m/f/d)
As a member of the Biomedical Data Connection team in the Research department, you will be prototyping innovative tools and processes to support a revolutionary, data-driven technology that enables precision medicine.
Your tasks include evaluation of new data resources and computational tools, as well as exploring ways to integrate them with the existing data world. You will conceptualize, develop, and maintain processes to harmonize and connect data, as well as web interfaces to present them in a comprehensive way. Support for services and bespoke solutions for customers, e.g. from the pharmaceutical industry, will be among the responsibilities. Most of this will be done in collaboration with other teams such as biomedical curators, ETL, and software development.
Your skills and qualifications
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, or a closely related field
- Broad hands-on experience in bioinformatics programming, including shell scripting, object-oriented program-ming (either Perl or Python) and experience with RDBMS systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Comprehensive experience with data sources for molecular pathways, protein structures, and molecular interactions
- Several years of experience in at least three of the following areas:
– Profound knowledge of standard bioinformatics algorithms and databases, including protein and nucleotide sequence analysis
– Genome annotation software (e.g. the EnsEMBL Perl API)
– Application and practical understanding of standard machine learning methods like SVM, artificial neural networks etc.
– A strong grasp of molecular cancer biology and genetics
– Wet lab experience in molecular/cellular biology/next-generation sequencing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and scientific creativity are essential
- Clear sense of organization, purpose, and accountability
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Able to work independently, dependable, focused, project- and team-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in industry is considered a strong plus
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- An innovative, exciting international company that values employees who can think outside of the box, who want to make a difference and strike out in a new direction
- A challenging, stimulating scientific and professional environment with a focus on innovation and on the continuous development of our company
- A modern working environment in a new office building
- A multicultural team and attractive company events, together with an open culture of trust
- Excellent location in the center of Heidelberg
- Home office opportunities
- Opportunities for personal development in a global company
- Competitive compensation and attractive benefits package, flexible working models
Take the first step and contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV and certificates), in English or German, including your salary expectations and earliest start date.
Please send it via email to Thorsten Vogt
be processed in the context of an application, please follow the link:
© 2021 Molecular Health GmbH
© 2020 Molecular Health GmbH